
I love Memorial Day. It is a holiday filled with sentimental value. This Memorial Day I got to take my new family with me to Logan. I was actually pretty emotional about the idea of actually bringing my own family to a place I have come once a year for as long as I can remember. Logan (Cache Valley) is the place my Dad's ancestors settled after coming from England. It is a beautiful spot filled with many historical sites relating to my family. My Dad has taught me about my ancestors and it was a privilege to have my kids learn about the great people that make up my family tree.
Sunday afternoon we met at the hotel and let the kids swim with their cousins. We picnicked at Willow Park that evening and played. Such fun! Grampa, Monka, Sammy and I mastered the Frisbee and the kids really enjoyed the Zoo.



We also took the kids to see the temple where Monka and Grandpa were married:

Monday morning we made an abbreviated round of the cemeteries. Unfortunately, the weather did not allow us to explore as we usually would, but it was still fun. 


It turns out the log cabin my great, great, GREAT Grandfather built was still standing in Wellsville. They have now moved it to a beautiful little spot and allow families to reserve the area. We dropped by to see the cabin. The family that lived in this house had TEN children. Not sure how many of them lived there at one time... but no matter how you look at it, that is amazing!

During the drive home Lance climbed in the back seat to read to the kids. Some of them missed the story...
When we got back home, we went with Mony and Ma'mah to PaPa's grave (Lance's Grandfather). The kids refer to him as thier "Very Best Grandpa."
It was a great couple of days. How grateful we are for our heritage!
1 comments:
Yeah for families and passing on traditions! That looks like such a great weekend!
Post a Comment