Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Sammy

Most mom's get to experience the automatic bond that comes with carrying, bearing and nurturing a child from birth. As a step-mom, my experience is different... but I still hope for the same bond in my relationship with the children I refer to as "mine." I love my kids so much; They are dear and precious.


I had a "happy heart" moment last Wednesday when I came home from work. All of the kids greeted me with kisses and hugs at the door, but Sammy also handed me a piece of paper. "I made something for you, Jody! Open it! Open it!" I took the paper. It was folded in fourths and on one quarter was a picture of Samantha and I. I opened up the paper and found a colorful masterpiece. Sammy told me that she colored the inside green because it is my favorite color. In the center of the paper it said, "I love you Jody." I was so happy. This is one of those mushy moments when I wanted to sit down and have a good cry. Instead, I gave my little girl a big hug and hung her work of art on my fridge. I love you, Sammy!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Priceless!

Vanessa said...

They are truly blessed to have you as their other mom!

Laurie P. said...

I love your daughter-dedicated-post! Kids percieve much. I think she knows where your heart is. see you tomorrow :)