Our kitchen has been a demolition zone since I determined I wanted a completely different look (i.e. new paint job, refinished cupboards, eventual new flooring). Bless my husband who took on the task and has done a great job of seeing my vision through to almost completion. One afternoon, Jadin decked himself out in "work clothes" and headed out to the garage to help his Dad. He was a raving success... another lesson in Life Skills.

Speaking of Life Skills... Last Sunday Lance was in helping the boys clean their room. They have a habit of creating a mountain on the bottom of their closet consisting of clean and dirty laundry. This is a very discouraging mountain to climb when laundry seems one of the only "constants" in life. Lance sat with Joseph and Jadin and taught them how to fold their clothing, how to sort through what is clean and what is dirty, how to hang the clothing up and how to designate a drawer for specific catagories of clothing. Jadin, very exasperated by this exercise, learned from his father that this was a chore he would be doing for the rest of his life. Being the ever supportive spouse that I am, I also chimed in by telling Jadin... "Yep! This, my dear, is a Life Skill!" Hate those things don't we?!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Kitchen Remodel
Posted by Jody at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Can your husband come teach this lesson to my boys? I swear I've explained it a hundred times, but it's always the same - clothes flopped all over the bottom of the closet, under the bed, and hanging out of the drawers. I guess some life skills take a whole life to master.
Post a Comment